No matter where we are in life right now and regardless of what we’re doing, we all hope to be more productive and to accomplish more than we have. The basic idea of being more productive is to be able to work smarter, not harder. It means being able to accomplish our tasks in a timely and orderly fashion without letting stress overwhelm us.
If you’re looking to make a change in your current lifestyle and find ways to make the most out of your time, we’ve compiled a list of things that are tried and tested by successful people all around the world. We’re creatures of habit and changing all our bad habits in one go is difficult but not impossible. Take one day at a time for every major change is made with one small step in the right direction.
Here are a few ways to be productive in your day to day life which can help you to be a better person:
- Set goals: The first thing you need to do after you wake up is to relax your mind and think of the tasks you need to complete. If you wish to lose weight, set a target of working out for half an hour or if you wish to read more, set a target of finishing a couple of chapters.
2. Create a to-do-list: Write the things you want to accomplish today, whether it’s in a diary or on your phone. Journaling is a very good way to set your goals in writing and you can look back at the journal in the end of the day to see how much you got done. It is completely okay even if you don’t. Don’t be harsh on yourself.
- Divide your time: Think of the possible tasks you will complete today and divide some time for each of them. For example: If you need to write an essay, complete some work at the office and go to a business meeting, set 3 hours to write an essay, an hour to complete the office assignment, and 2 hours for a business meeting. Allot the appropriate number of hours for each task and stick to your schedule.
- Avoid being pessimistic: Every good change begins in the mind. If you can think it, you can do it. Imagine yourself accomplishing everything you need to and you will be able to do it. The greatest war is fought between our ears. With a positive mindset, everything is possible.
- Allot some time for yourself: Give yourself at least one hour a day to do what you love. It could be simple things like meditating, listening to music or working out. By doing so, you can assess yourself better and organize your thoughts. Take the time to think of what you want to achieve in a day, a month, a year and in your lifetime and how to go about achieving it.
- Prioritize yourself: Choose yourself before choosing someone else. Yes, you have your family and your work to think about but you can’t take care of other aspects of your life if you aren’t taking care of yourself first. Eat healthy, work out at least 4 times a week and take care of your mental health first. You are the priority. Everything else comes second.
- Don’t rush: Slow and steady wins the race. It’s great to have big dreams but don’t overwork yourself trying to achieve it. Be patient and understand that every good thing takes time. It’s okay even if you sometimes fail as it gives you a chance to learn from your mistakes.
Productive people rarely think about doing too much. In fact, they focus on doing less and managing their time in such a way that is effortless and fruitful at the same time. Motivate yourself every day to becoming a better version of yourself and sooner than later you will become what you envision.